REQUEST A SPEAKER
Invite ISP to join your group!
ISP is a faith-based organization that provides spiritual and pastoral care to individuals recovering from the trauma of homelessness and substance use addiction. ISP representatives speak with dozens of groups each year to share stories of the transformative power of love, hope, and healing on the road to recovery. To invite ISP to speak, fill out the request form at the bottom of the page.
A few more details about speaking engagements follow:
Available speakers include:
- Staff members, including our Executive Director, Christine Curran
- ISP alumni participants
- ISP Ambassadors of Hope (members of our leadership development program for exceptional alum)
We can present on a number of topics pertaining to intersections of spirituality, addiction and recovery, community and companionship, etc. We’d love to help shape something that fits your needs! An honorarium is appreciated, but not necessary. Past presentation topics and themes have included:
- Cannonball Moments: Transforming pain into sacred wounds
- The power of spirituality and community on a journey to recovery
- “Who belongs at The Great Banquet?”: Everyone deserves to be able to nourish their spiritual life; there is a seat reserved for all around the table.
- 12-steps and Ignatian spirituality: how do they work together to facilitate healing
Audiences that invite us into conversation often include parishes and communities of all faiths, high schools, youth groups, universities, and civic organizations. presentations generally run between 45-75 minutes, and can include a prepared talk, panel discussion, interview, or other format depending on the event.
We look forward to hearing from you!